Badminton Europe is delighted to announce two new initiatives to help increase the level of elite badminton players in Europe. The first is to establish a network of Badminton Europe Certificated Training Centres. Secondly Badminton Europe will award scholarships to players to enable them to stay at Certificated Training Centres. This will be for players who have the potential to qualify for future World Championships and the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Badminton Europe Certificated Training Centres
Badminton Europe would like to create links with the National Training Centres of excellence within the Member Associations. The idea is to certificate those centres that have the required standard and to cooperate on offering training for talented players from other Member Associations by awarding scholarships.
In order to attain the status of a Badminton Europe Certificated Training Centre the following criteria must be met:
- have a venue dedicated for national team training
- have a group of players that can compete at European level
- have organised trainings of the national team at least 5 times per week
- have high class experts affiliated to the centre
- have other facilities like gym
- have organisational staff to facilitate the proper training environment
- be willing to accept players on conditions agreed in advance between the Certified Training Centre and Badminton Europe
Badminton Europe scholarships
Badminton Europe will award scholarships to players to enable them to stay at Certificated Training Centres. Scholarships will only be awarded to players that Badminton Europe considers to have the potential to qualify for future World Championships and the London 2012 Olympic Games. Information on Badminton Europe player scholarships will be announced in the near future.
Badminton Europe Certificated Training Centres will be listed on the Badminton Europe website. All centres will receive an official certificate which can be used to verify Badminton Europe’s endorsement.
The Certification will be valid for a two year period from 1 June 2009 – 31 May 2011. A review will take place in 2011 to decide whether the Training Centre and Badminton Europe wishes to renew the Certification.